Effective Date: 2008-08-06
To protect your personal data, we've laid down a few ground rules about what we do and don't do with information we learn about you in the course of doing business:
- We collect some personal information, through either secured public network or private channels, in order to provide hosting and development services to you.
- You may decline to provide personal data, in which case we may be unable to provide certain services to you.
- We share only the minimum data with our partners and providers necessary to service your hosting account and/or development project(s). We share that data only when required, and only with your specific advance consent.
- We do not sell your personal data for marketing purposes, and we do not profit from sharing any un-aggregated personal information.
- We do share aggregated group and trend data with third parties, for example site statistics and selected visitor log data. This information does not identify you, or anyone, individually.
- We make a good-faith effort to store your sensitive data only in a properly secured fashion, generally only on our private office networks.
- None of your sensitive or financial personal data is ever stored or transmitted outside of secured systems provided by trusted financial gateways like PayPal and Google Checkout.
- You are responsible for the security of your own data stored or accessible on your Utopian.net hosting account and your own web site.
This policy may change. Any changes will be posted at this page, which is stamped at the top with the policy's effective date. Any major changes will be announced on our news blog and/or in email notices as well. Please email us if you have privacy questions.